Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Funny Fiction #7

Though these riddles aren't necessarily humorous, I hope you have fun trying to figure them out! Thanks to Hattie Stuart for riddles 2 and 4!



Riddle #1

My name is Breaker of Stones, Filler of Holes. I am in eyes, in sadness, in joy, in pain. I live high above, and far below. I am the giver of life to all. Who am I?

 

Riddle #2

I am everything, but nothing material. You use me daily, but I cannot be bought. Though you see and hear me, I can seldom be felt, but those who cannot see me feel my voice. Born of breath or hand, I make man great. I start wars, I cause revolutions, I resolve conflicts. I am many in number, I am many in kind, I am many in shape, and you do not know all of me. What am I?

 

Riddle #3

A shining crown sits upon a head of black. The longer it is worn, the shorter the king has to live. The crown itself cannot be touched, cannot be removed by any hand; only the wind may claim it as a prize.

 

Riddle #4

Demolish your tower and muster me up,
Offer me over across the divide,
Take me, hold me, and of me do sup,
Though I could be poison and thus break your pride.
Take me and build me and bridge the gap,
Thread me and use me to bind up the wound,
I may be but one word, though your strength I will sap,
But yet I am needed if hate be entombed.

No comments:

Post a Comment